It is my first blog post and I am so excited to share all the secrets of my cooking. I am a home cook inspired by my mother.
Today I am going to share one of my mother’s recipe. It is Dahi Vada. It is the most easy and delicious recipe you can ever find.
So let’s begin.
I have divided the recipe into 3 parts :
Making the vada’s , Yoghurt Dressing and Dahi vada assembly to make it easy.
Recipe Serves : 6
- Urad Dal – 1 cup
- Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Whole Red Chillies -5
- Baking Soda – 1/4 teaspoon
- Water for grinding
- Oil for frying
- Cold water for soaking vada’s
For Yoghurt Dressing
- Thick Yoghurt
- Cumin powder
- Red chilli powder
- Chaat masala powder
Making the vada
- Soak urad dal for minimum 3 to 4 hours.
- Grind urad dal, cumin seeds, whole red chillies,baking soda,salt into a smooth paste by adding minimum amount of water.
- The batter should be of medium consistency not to thin not to thick.
- Heat oil and drop small portion of batter into the oil.
- Fry on medium to high heat till golden brown.
- Remove from the oil and dump the vada’s into cold water for few seconds.
- Squeeze the water from the vada’s and keep aside.
- Whisk yoghurt and sugar till sugar dissolves properly.
Dahi vada assembly
- In a serving dish place the fried vada’s.
- Pour yoghurt dressing on the top.
- Sprinkle chaat masala, red chilli powder and cumin powder on the top.
Serve chilled.Do try this recipe.Post your comments and suggestions.See you with the next recipe.Bye!