This is a easy and healthy dish. Moong beans are high in nutrients. They are also a very filling food, high in protein, resistant starch and dietary fiber.
- Whole Moong Dal – 1 cup
- Onion – 1 small, sliced
- Whole Red Chillies – 4
- Dry Coconut Powder – 4 tbsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Dry Mango Powder – 1 & 1/2 tbsp
- Salt To Taste
- Soak whole moong dal overnight in water.
- Dry roast red chillies, cumin seeds and dry coconut powder, one at a time. Grind together by adding little water.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker and add sliced onion. Cook till onion turn slightly brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute for few seconds.
- Add the grinded masala, red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, dry mango powder and salt.
- Saute till masala is cooked well and oil oozes.
- Then add soaked moong dal.
- Add 3 cups of water and pressure cook.
Serve hot with plain rice.